How can you limit data usage per phone within a plan?
drbryan15

I have a Verizon Plan with four phones, and 18GB data, and my kids run through it like its nothing.  Is there a way I can give them a specific amount of data per month and once they hit that they have no more to use?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can you limit data usage per phone within a plan?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You came to the rigt place for assistance dbryan15. We have a great options that allows you to allocate a data limit for each device on your account. The great service is calledUsage Controls. Here's a link for more details on this service and how to sign up http://spr.ly/6580BEI18

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You came to the rigt place for assistance dbryan15. We have a great options that allows you to allocate a data limit for each device on your account. The great service is calledUsage Controls. Here's a link for more details on this service and how to sign up http://spr.ly/6580BEI18

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
USMC_Veteran
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can add Family Base (usage controls) to your account and have it set up with th elimits you want. If you need assistance with the set up call Verizon Tech Support #8899 from your Verizon cell phone or 8009220204 and ask for tech support

edapeach15

Please be careful.  I don't think the data usage limit function works reliably.  Please see my post for details:

Family Base Data Limits -- Do They Work Reliably?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

It works. Confirmed on More Everything Plan. Make sure you set your data limits with some buffer. That is if you have 10 GB, do not set the limit right at 10 GB, set it to 9.75 or so. Some data can be reported after block goes into effect and if you are in a data session, the block doesn't start until that session is closed. That is if you are downloading an app and in the middle of your app you reach the limit, the download will continue and then start blocking after. That is the 2 big reasons you need to set a reasonable buffer.

0 Likes