How do I control data usage of individual devices on our plan?
8davidsons

We have a family plan with plenty of data, but consistently and despite warnings, two of my sons use the majority of data and push us beyond our data allotment.

Is there some way to ration data for individual devices on a family plan?  Our data use has ballooned like the federal debt, and I want to force budget compliance!

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data usages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for bringing your data usage concern to our attention 8davidsons. As lewisr13 stated, we have Family Base, which does exactly what he mentioned. Here's a link to this service. http://spr.ly/6581BGgcW. Do you have enough data to get through the month? If not then we suggest increasing your plan to avoid data overages. If this is an option that you wish to pursue then it can be done online at www.verizonwireless.com. If you have any additional questions then we're here to help.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

VVerizon has a product called family base. It'll do what you want. it used to be $5 with the first few months free, not sure now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for bringing your data usage concern to our attention 8davidsons. As lewisr13 stated, we have Family Base, which does exactly what he mentioned. Here's a link to this service. http://spr.ly/6581BGgcW. Do you have enough data to get through the month? If not then we suggest increasing your plan to avoid data overages. If this is an option that you wish to pursue then it can be done online at www.verizonwireless.com. If you have any additional questions then we're here to help.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
8davidsons

Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes