How do I prevent the FamilyBase Companion app from being uninstalled from my child's device?
marynicole83
Enthusiast - Level 1

My teenager uninstalled the FamilyBase Companion app from her phone. Her phone has a lock and I'm unable to reinstall it. How do I remotely install this app to her phone? How do I prevent it from being installed? If it cannot be fixed, this is a major flaw in Verizon's parental control capabilities.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I prevent the FamilyBase Companion app from being uninstalled from my child's device?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a parent with teenagers, I can truly understand your concerns about having FamilyBase installed on your kids’ phones to monitor their activity marynicole83. Using FamilyBase to its fullest requires that the application remains installed in your kids phones. Lamentably, there is no way to install remotely. The application is working as designed and there is nothing to fix, only the phone user has access the device screen lock and only the phone user has the ability to install and uninstall any application from the device.  I apologize if this information does not meet your expectations.

Family Base FAQs: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-familybase-faqs/

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I prevent the FamilyBase Companion app from being uninstalled from my child's device?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a parent with teenagers, I can truly understand your concerns about having FamilyBase installed on your kids’ phones to monitor their activity marynicole83. Using FamilyBase to its fullest requires that the application remains installed in your kids phones. Lamentably, there is no way to install remotely. The application is working as designed and there is nothing to fix, only the phone user has access the device screen lock and only the phone user has the ability to install and uninstall any application from the device.  I apologize if this information does not meet your expectations.

Family Base FAQs: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-familybase-faqs/

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
giannuzzelli
Enthusiast - Level 1

The whole point for the app is so I can control what my child is doing... At least that is what verizon told me.  However if the app is required on the phone and the child can uninstall the app then what good is the app?  This poses a huge safety concern.  If I depend on the app to determine where my kid is however they uninstall the app then how can I tell where they are at if that is the solution I choose for their location? 

Can I hide the app somehow? or put some sort of password on the app?

Wow verizon really sold me on the fact that I would be able to monitor and stop my child from doing anything on the phone. Kids are extremely smart and know how to get around the system.  There must be some way to control services on the phone through verizon.... Am I crazy for thinking this?

KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes