How do you re-enable Smart Family controls if they are disabled after calling 911? There is NO option to do so, contrary to Verizon's web site.
alandlord
Enthusiast - Level 3

After dialing 911, Verizon Smart Family controls become disabled.  According to Verizon's web site, I must log in, navigate to the ad-on, and there will be a prompt that a child called 911 and to re-enable the feature.  This prompt is absolutely nowhere.  The add on appears fine online, but now does not work.  There is no way for me to re-enable it.  Does anyone know a way for me to re-enable it?  This is a HUGE flaw in this app as this has happened before, and I had to call Verizon, reach a tier-2 support tech, and wait until someone re-enabled the add on.  I am supposed to be able to do it myself, but I can't.  

0 Likes
How do you re-enable Smart Family controls if they are disabled after calling 911?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can certainly try to find out what is going on. The option should be located either on our website, or on the Companion Smart Family App here: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-220141/

Have you attempted it on both the website, and the Smart Family Companion App? Is it not appearing on either? Please let us know.

*Gert

0 Likes
Re: How do you re-enable Smart Family controls if they are disabled after calling 911?
alandlord
Enthusiast - Level 3

The option has never appeared anywhere.

0 Likes
Re: How do you re-enable Smart Family controls if they are disabled after calling 911?
alandlord
Enthusiast - Level 3

The smart family companion app has nothing to it.  It just says device not connected.  No settings, no options, nothing.  The smart family app just looks normal.  There is nothing on your website.  Theres just nothing anywhere.  This is horribly bad programming for the most basic of cell functionality.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely strange, we did want to get that clarification, as it should definitely be an option, it is strange that it is not showing up, and lets get it working for you. Please send us a Private Note, so we may be able to assist.

*Gert

0 Likes
alandlord
Enthusiast - Level 3

Whats a private note?  Id like this working please.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

@alandlord 

To Private message someone, click their username, and open view profile.  

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 8.44.52 AM.png

At the profile click on the message button to send a private message.   

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 8.46.08 AM.png

 if they respond via private message you will see this:

Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 5.10.41 PM.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alandlord We realize it's important to restart your Smart Family. Here is a helpful link to guide you through the steps. https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-80789/ -Dolores

0 Likes
alandlord
Enthusiast - Level 3

You must think im a ......  This link gives false information.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for those details. We do want to make sure that we can get Smart Family set back up after a call was made to 911. So we can get a better look at the specifics, I have sent you a Private Note. Please reply to that message. Thank you. 

-Kevin

0 Likes