How to add a second parent?
Wilmerin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I already assigned the other number as account manager. Now, when I go to manage family, there's no option to change the role.

Can anybody help me to do that?

0 Likes
Re: How to add a second parent?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wilmerin, 

We want to make sure we help manage your Smart Family. Take a look at the section https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-smart-family-faqs/ on Managing accounts and assigning roles. This should help you change from child to parent. 

JenelleW_vzw

0 Likes
Baamtori
Enthusiast - Level 1

Jenelle, that page assumes that a 2d account manager will become a “parent” in smart family automatically. 

but it doesn’t. 

i am having the same problem. I made my spouse an account manager but in smart family, their line shows only as ”child.” There is no option to change this setting. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for keeping us updated. When you added this person an Account Manager, did you include a valid email address and phone number? If not, then they would only be listed as an Account Member. 

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
Hashlock
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. Added wife as account manager and confirmed.they show up as account manager in my Verizon. But they still cannot be added as parent in Smart Family. Followed all the FAQs. None work. Please provide an answer that works.

Hashlock
Enthusiast - Level 1

1. After adding second parent as Account Manager you may have to wait hour or so.

2. Log in to MyVerizon 

3. Click menu Account - Add-ons and Apps - Family

4. Click Edit Profile

5. Select drop-down of line to change to set role. You should see Parent listed in drop-down

0 Likes