How to block app downloads on the Iphone 7
mert10794
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a way that I can block apps from being downloaded on the Iphone 7?  I have looked into the Family Base but it says that the companion app can not be downloaded on the Iphones so I would only be able to view what is being downloaded but not stop apps from being downloaded.  Also, is there a way to delete an app once it has been purchased in the app store?  I can delete it from the phone but it still remains on the iphone so that it can be installed again.  I want to be able to completely remove the app so that it would have to be purchased again.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to block app downloads on the Iphone 7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mert10794,

I can understand how you want to block apps from being downloaded on the iPhone 7. Unfortunately, there is no way to do this, as long as the user has the password for their Apple ID. One idea would be to change the password(s) for the device(s) you want to block This way if an application was attempted to be downloaded, you would be the only one with the password that goes along with the Apple ID connected to the device.

I hope this helps!

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How to block app downloads on the Iphone 7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mert10794,

I can understand how you want to block apps from being downloaded on the iPhone 7. Unfortunately, there is no way to do this, as long as the user has the password for their Apple ID. One idea would be to change the password(s) for the device(s) you want to block This way if an application was attempted to be downloaded, you would be the only one with the password that goes along with the Apple ID connected to the device.

I hope this helps!

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes