If I set a data limit, will my family members know how much they have?
VNM0415

Sorry if I am doing this wrong I'm new to this....

Question-can I set the data limit on all the phones on my account without each person know??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Family base plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VNM0415, thanks so much for reaching out to us via this forum. We love when our customer takes advantage of all options to obtain help. Let’s get you the answers you deserve. Family Base is a great way  to set a limit to the lines on your account so that you can always avoid data overages. They will not know what limit you have set but as SNN5 and chuckerdon  stated, the will get the alerts at 90% and 100%. Please keep in mind that any line on your account can either check their usage via their My Verizon or by dialing #DATA (#3282) which means that when the hit their limit, the can see what the usage has hit there. Click here for additional information. http://vz.to/21BwhgK

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can set the limit, but they will know as soon as they hit the limit.

0 Likes
chuckerdon
Enthusiast - Level 1

They will get a message when 90% of their limits  are attained.  But they won't know how much you assigned them.  As the account user your message, from Verizon, will be based on the total data used in your plan.  I use the Verizon data monitor app and find it very useful to track users on my plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VNM0415, thanks so much for reaching out to us via this forum. We love when our customer takes advantage of all options to obtain help. Let’s get you the answers you deserve. Family Base is a great way  to set a limit to the lines on your account so that you can always avoid data overages. They will not know what limit you have set but as SNN5 and chuckerdon  stated, the will get the alerts at 90% and 100%. Please keep in mind that any line on your account can either check their usage via their My Verizon or by dialing #DATA (#3282) which means that when the hit their limit, the can see what the usage has hit there. Click here for additional information. http://vz.to/21BwhgK

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes