Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Instagram still working even when blocked
kmartinez715

I have Instagram blocked on my sons Smart Family app, but he can still send and receive direct messages. Why is this happening?

0 Likes
Re: Instagram still working even when blocked
Tigerstep

Because an app can't replace parenting. Drop smart family and get him a basic phone if you don't want him to use smartphone functionality.

0 Likes
kmartinez715

That was very unhelpful. Kind of a wiseguy thing to say. Guessing you don't have teenage kids. 

0 Likes
MICFRE69

What an immature thing to say!! When people are looking for help, it's always nice to have some judgmental know-it-all that is seeing only 1% of a particular issue come along attempting to display how superior they are.

And I came here asking the same question not because I choose not to parent, but because the more I can use technology in helpful and constructive ways (like being a SECOND set of eyes watching out for my children) the better I am able to protect them from negative things like inappropriate websites.

And I also believe in corporate responsibility. If a company is charging for a service that is not working properly then they should be held accountable but first I would try to resolve it with the company like the original poster did.

Sorry, didn't mean to get on a soapbox but this forum seems to have more than its share of know-it-alls.

0 Likes