Just kids plan
Nwheel89

When I first signed up my son on the just kids plan, he had an iphone 8 plus. I recently bought him another iphone 8 plus with his available upgrade because he doesn't need anything newer. When I originally had this plan, there were restrictions when he would call out and it would say the call cannot be completed as dialed due to restrictions on the line. It would only go away if 911 was called and then I'd have to enable the restrictions again. With the new phone, it doesn't do any of that. I have talked to verizon 3 times about it and they act like they haven't ever heard of it. I'm a little ticked off about it because I know for a fact that there were restrictions when calling out. There are no third party apps on his phone as others have stated. I want to know why he can call and receive calls and messages now. What happened to the restrictions when calling out. 

0 Likes
Re: Just kids plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nwheel89, I have the Just Kids plan for my son who is 9 and I know how important it is to have those great restrictions going to keep tabs on your son.  We will get this figured out.  Do you have the restrictions set up on the SmartFamily companion app?  What steps have you done to get this resolved?  Calling in three times without a resolution is not something we want you to have to go through and we do not want to take up more of your time by repeating steps.

-Santo

0 Likes
Nwheel89

This issue hasn't been resolved. I have downloaded the smart family app, the companion app. I have now spoke with someone four times about it and just was in a 3 hour chat with verizon and the issue was not resolved. Now I'm being told that the kids plan is no longer being offered in market place but those who already have it should still have the plan features. I'm just so done with verizon. With how much money I am paying, there should be no issues. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear about the issues you've had since purchasing this device. Is your son utilizing Wi-Fi to bypass the restrictions? Wi-Fi calling?  -Joel

0 Likes