Just kids-verification texts
sr44
Enthusiast - Level 1

My daughter is on the Just kids plan.  She sometimes needs to get verification codes when she has signed on to an app (that I've permitted), but her phone won't let those texts come through (due to the plan).  Is there any way around this?  She is not able to use an email address to verify her phone on these apps.  Thanks

Re: Just kids-verification texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of managing your kids line preferences with the Just Kids Plan. Please refer to the link below:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/just-kids-faqs/

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
tt77

The link that was provided is useless.  Has there been a real solution yet to this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to assist you as much as possible, tt77. The Just Kids plan allows unlimited text message from up to 20 trusted contacts. Since the numbers sending those codes are not listed as contacts those messages are not allow as they are not coming from contact set up as trusted contacts. The plan is working as design. I apologize for any inconvenience this information may cause you.

You can change the plan for that line of service to another plan. Please visit this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/) to review our available plans.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
invoidzero

I've looked everywhere for a solution to this, it's incredibly frustrating. There should absolutely be a workaround like forwarding verification texts to the parents' phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we want to make sure that we are on the same page. Are you also having this same issue on your account? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
Jv6805
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue.  My kid needs verification codes for certain app.  Please work on something to allow/disable SMS short codes to kids plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What type of device do they have? TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
monya306

Absolutely agree.  Extremely frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your concerns are heard loud and clear, monya306. We will lift this forum conversation up to our developers, so that they can review the situation and work on a solution. In the meantime, is there anything else we can assist with?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes