No Bars
PATART77

I have an old phone and verizon won't allow 4 bars because they give the stronger signal to newer phones and users. What is going on with that. I was at my mom's in the Los Angeles area last week and had no bars. Thinking about changing service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No Bars
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What about getting a new phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to lose you as a customer .We understand the importance of getting the best signal possible even with an old phone. What model phone do you have? Did anything change on the device since the problem started? How is your service being impacted (voice, text, or data)?

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dawalker621

I have a brand new phone and cannot text or call. I have a weaker signal as well because Verizon only gives a stronger signal to "regular" plans. Sounds pretty fishy to me and has cost me a week in phone calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dawalker621, congratulations on your new phone! This should be an exciting time for you, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your calls/texts. To verify, you've added the new device/SIM Card information to your account, correct? If so, please power off your device, remove the SIM Card, place it back in the device, then turn it back on. Once this is complete, please try your calls/texts again.

PriscillaG_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes