No usage controls on 4G
carousel3000

My 16 year old son, saved for and purchased a HTC Thunderbolt with 4G capabilities.  When I try to put in usage controls (has been texting in class), it tells me that I can't use them on his phone.  I have contacted Verizon, the tech I talked to couldn't help and was going to put in a ticket for follow-up.  I was told that I would be contacted but it has been over 2 months and I haven't heard anything.  Anyone know why usage controls can't be used on his phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No usage controls on 4G
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Greetings carousel3000! I'm here to answer your question about the compatibility of Usage Controls with your son's ThunderBolt. I very much regret that you have not been told this before, but 4G LTE devices are not currently compatible with Usage Controls. I know that the ThunderBolt is your son's selected phone. However, if usage monitoring is more important to you than handset preference, I recommend a different device for him to use until you are satisfied that he can manage his own phone usage. 

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

carousel3000 wrote:

My 16 year old son, saved for and purchased a HTC Thunderbolt with 4G capabilities.  When I try to put in usage controls (has been texting in class), it tells me that I can't use them on his phone.  I have contacted Verizon, the tech I talked to couldn't help and was going to put in a ticket for follow-up.  I was told that I would be contacted but it has been over 2 months and I haven't heard anything.  Anyone know why usage controls can't be used on his phone?

you have parental usage controls

look at the account

if you see texts when he is in calss, take the phone away

or replace it with a feature phone if he must have one for some reason

put controls on that phone

0 Likes
techwhiz

I was able to configure parental control for my daughters Droid Charge.

I had to go to the features page and look at all the features on the line and add it.

Once that was done, I was then able to go to the parental control page and configure the times.

You cannot add the feature from the usage cntrol page.

0 Likes