Possible Scam Alert ?
J_Z

Just received a text message to my cell, informing me of updates to my Verizon Wireless account.

Odd link, but I clicked it anyway.  It took me to a Verizon Wireless Login site that looked authentic ... except that it was asking me for the last 4 digits of my SS# along with my Name and Password.  That triggered a concern, so I tried the site link on my personal PC ... Bitdefender blocked the site as "Unsafe".

Now either this is in fact a scam that needs to be addressed ... or Verizon needs to fix their web design.

Pics below:

Text_msg_pic.jpg

link_pic.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Possible Scam Alert ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly appreciate your cautious nature, J_Z. It does look as if the page provided is fraudulent as we do not ask for the last four of the social security upon logging into My Verizon. For any account updates to you may find them listed within the Documents and Receipts section of My Verizon. I would suggest only logging in using the official My Verizon Mobile app or through verizonwireless.com

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly appreciate your cautious nature, J_Z. It does look as if the page provided is fraudulent as we do not ask for the last four of the social security upon logging into My Verizon. For any account updates to you may find them listed within the Documents and Receipts section of My Verizon. I would suggest only logging in using the official My Verizon Mobile app or through verizonwireless.com

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Swoop44

One of my account lines also received two similar scam texts this month. Should I be reporting this somewhere more formally?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Forward the spam texts to SPAM (7726)

0 Likes