Smart Family App Trusted Contact
DENHUD89

My family just started using the Smart Family app for our teenager.  We are having a problem with using the trusted contacts control.  For non-Verizon trusted numbers, the teenager can't receive or send text messages and cannot receive phone calls from those numbers.  The app is only allowing the teenager to make a call to the non-Verizon trusted number.  Is this a known problem or is there a fix for the problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Smart Family App Trusted Contact
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that the Smart Family feature is allowing your teenager to contact trusted numbers, DENHUD89. Since you have started using the service recently, we want to make sure that you have set up the trusted contacts correctly. Follow the instructions under Contacts (Blocked and Trusted) to remove the trusted numbers that are causing the issue, then re-adding them to the trusted list: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-smart-family/

PeterM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jagmom83

I just set this up on my kids phone but I’m having the opposite issue. It’s blocking everyone except me during scheduled downtime even though I have other trusted numbers on the list. I have tried to remove and re-add them but it’s still doing it. I need for both parents to be able to stay in contact. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jagmom83, that's definitely strange, and we want to make sure your kids are able to be reached by the trusted contacts. Do your kids have the Smart Family Companion app installed on their devices?

~Jesse

0 Likes