Smart Family - Can't pair connected iPad
briansul25

I just signed up for the 30-day trial of Smart Family and am trying to pair my kids' iPads.  They are data-connected, meaning they have an associated phone number.  To pair, the instructions say to use the parent app which sends a text.  Unfortunately, it's sent to the iPad's associated phone number which can't actually be received on the iPad.  How do I pair these iPads so I can enable content filtering?  It seems like it's a very basic thing, but I just spent over an hour with support who couldn't figure it out.

Are there manual instructions somewhere or can someone tell me if there is a link sent in the text that I can type into Safari on the iPads?

0 Likes
Re: Smart Family - Can't pair connected iPad
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Are you able to access the Smart Family functions from your My Verizon? Are all of the devices showing up on your end?JesseM_VZW

0 Likes
briansul25

Yes, I am able to see the Smart Family functions from within My Verizon and my 2 iPads do show up as "child" devices.  The problem is, when you go to pair the iPads from the parent device, it sends a text.  The text is sent to the phone number associated with the iPad which can't be received.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the difficulty you have been experiencing, briansul25! While some features of SmartFamily are available on tablets, unfortunately they are not compatible with the parent or companion apps, which does limit some of the available features. You are still able to use Smart Family on my Verizon to set usage limits for the devices. 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes