Smart Family Companion Issues
E7A

I am trying to pair 2 new phones with Smart Family Companion but it's not working. On the parent phone the next step is to click set up on the child devices but on the 2 child devices it says "Not Active". I'm trying to communicate with someone through chat but I'm not getting much of a response. I'm trying to avoid having to call in. Has anyone had this problem and has managed to get it to work?

0 Likes
Re: Smart Family Companion Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@E7A ,

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with using Smart Family's companion app. Please make sure you are following the steps listed here under the "Pair with child's app" section: https://www.verizon.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-smart-family/#vsf-companion-app . When following those steps, which part exactly are you getting stuck at?

0 Likes
Edonop

I am having the same issues with no solution. I have tried all of the steps given in your response and still unable to pair my IPhone SE to my IPhone 10. Please assist.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When following those steps provided, which part exactly are you getting stuck at?

0 Likes
alfordgirl07

I'm reconnecting my daughters phone every morning and evening. She has to turn it off for school. It sends a text and she's able to reconnect. She has a Galaxy. I'm tired of sending reminders for something that should be automatic. My sons phone always reconnects. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@alfordgirl07 ,

It's great to know that you are using Smart Family, but there's a bit more that we'd need to know on this in order to best assist you. What do you mean by "reconnecting" that you have to do each day? What text are you referring to? You mention that your daughter has a Samsung Galaxy phone, so then what device does your son have where he has no issue?

0 Likes