Smart Family - Text Messages from Unapproved Contacts
KriMc
Enthusiast - Level 2

My son is receiving spam text messages for, what I assume to be, the previous owner of his phone number. Why is it allowing numbers to text him that are not on his approved contact list? How is this fixed? He is on a Galaxy S8.

Re: Smart Family - Text Messages from Unapproved Contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KriMc, 

We know how important it is for only approved texts to come through to your son! Let's figure out what's causing this. Are these spam messages such as advertising or directing to a website, or are they messages from former contacts of the previous phone owner? Are they coming from phone numbers, or from email addresses? 

Thanks, 

MichelleH_VZW 

0 Likes
KriMc
Enthusiast - Level 2

It appears to be spam via phone numbers. They are different each time so blocking them at the device level isn't helpful either.

0 Likes
KriMc
Enthusiast - Level 2

These are spam from phone numbers.

0 Likes
KriMc
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support, I have provided a response to the initial questions but no one has responded. Please advise.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KriMc, thanks for your patience and for those details. I totally understand how annoying those calls can be. Are the text messages coming in from the same source? Have you tried replying Stop to one of the messages? 

0 Likes