Smart Family Time Limits Changing
HOLVAN33

I am trying to set time limits for my child's line in the Smart Family service. I will set a time limit and it claims to save it properly. However, it is not functioning (blocked when it should be allowed, allowed when it should be blocked, etc.). Then, when I go back in to verify that the times are set properly, they show completely different times from what I had set. I seem to see different times every single time I check it. I am verifying that I set it with the proper time zone and on the proper phone line. Yet, if I sign out of my account online and then sign back in, the times that are set are very different from what I had set. For instance, I want to block access from 9 PM to 4 PM every day. I set the time limit to reflect this and then later go in to verify they're still set and will find that the times are set to block from 2 PM to 3 PM only. Another check on it will find the time blocked from 9 AM to 9 AM. Another check on it will show blocked from 7 AM to 3 PM. And on and on. Just verify whether or not something wonky was going on with other lines, I looked at them all and found that my husband's line had a time restriction set on it, but I never set up a time limit for his line. It was blocked from 9 AM to 3 PM for some unknown reason. I removed it and haven't seen it come back, but it's just another example of absolutely random time limits being created.

We just signed up for the service a few days ago and so far nothing about it is behaving in a stable manner at all. Location services are horribly off, as well. I paired the child's phone and also my husband's. Yet, with my husband holding both phones on his person yesterday, it showed that he was in the location that he was definitely at (he was taking the child to a doctor appointment), and yet the child's phone showed it was approximately 10 miles away, even though it was in his pocket. Both of their phones are fully updated Samsung Galaxy S8+ devices.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Smart Family Time Limits Changing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HOLVAN33, Smart Family is an instrumental tool to manage the lines on your account and I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing challenges with ensuring that it is set up properly with the time limit and location services functions. You've come to the right place for help. To clarify, are location services working properly for other apps on your phone? In addition, can you confirm that your account meets the eligibility requirements as outlined in our FAQ, under "Compatibility with Plans, Features and Devices?" https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-smart-family-faqs/ Looking forward to hearing back.

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Verizon Smart Family service is a useful one but I am sorry to hear that you have seen some issues, HOLVAN33. I'd be happy to help troubleshoot this to ensure the service works as intended. First, are you restarting the device that is having restrictions placed on it after you set the limit? This is needed in order to ensure limits are enacted. If not, please do so and then re-check the time limits to ensure that nothing has changed. Also, does anyone else have the login to your MyVerizon account (such as a family member) who could potentially change the limits? Regarding location services, is it possible that the GPS/location services were turned off at any time or that the phone in question was powered off when the location presented was not accurate?

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

It sounds like you're entering incorrect time ranges for the days based on when you want the limits to be placed.

To cover those times because the ranges you want span different days you'd want to set a limit to occur between 12:00am-4:00pm everyday, as well as a second limit between 9:00pm-11:59pm everyday

0 Likes