Smart Family - Trusted Contacts and Data Access
tricia954

Hi,

Smart Family's Trusted Contacts feature is working well. I've been able to restrict calls to a set of family and friends that I trust to talk to my charge.

It seems that Trusted Contacts only work when a restriction period is implemented, which ALSO shuts down WIFI and cellular data.

Is there a technique by which I can limit phone calls to Trusted Contacts while still enabling WIFI and cellular data?

Thanks for any advice.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Smart Family - Trusted Contacts and Data Access
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tricia954

You have come to the right place for help. We will gladly assist you with managing your Smart Family feature so that it best fits your needs. Communication between trusted contacts is always allowed so there is not a way to restrict calls to a trusted contact. You would need to remove numbers from your trusted contact list to have the ability to limit calls to those numbers. Also, even during times of restriction, Wi-Fi access is available. When you are connecting to Wi-Fi, you are using another network so our feature can not control off-network usage. Sadly, there is not a technique that will allow what you are trying to accomplish. Click here for the Smart Family FAQs https://vz.to/2rH4O15. Please see the contact section for more information on trusted contacts.

EdwardL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ycabrera

My trusted contacts do not work over data connection at all and wifi connection is limited. Wifi works sometimes in my home but will not in her school. Why does the trusted contacts not work over data connection?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes