Smart Family broke
Nayda324

Smart Family doesn't allow me to change content filters or pause internet without an error "sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later" for weeks.  It started when we had to replace my daughter's phone.  Got it paired with her new device and now it isn't working.  I have cleared data, cacye, and uninstalled. But, hetrhethe thing, it isn't just my phone, it is also doing it on my husband's when he tries to do the same thing as me.  I am paying $4.99 a month for this and was going to upgrade to the $9.99 but not if I can't get this working.  All because we had to replace her device!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Smart Family broke
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of making sure this features works. We definitely want you to get what you pay for Nayda324. Let's find out why this is happening and get it fixed. Is the software up to date on your phone and your husbands phone? What two phones do you have? Here is a link with information about updated software for all our devices. Updated software can have an affect on how features work and the functionality of your device. If you continue to have issues, please let us know. We may need to remove the feature from your account through our system and add it back to each line. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Nayda324

Thank you for your response, my husband has a Samsung Note 8 and I have LG K20V.  Both are up to date versions of the app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Perfect! That is a great sign. It sounds like you have completed the proper steps to get this working, Nayda324. 

To enable location services and content filters,you must install and pair the Verizon Smart Family Parent app on your smartphone (you already did that) and the Companion App on your child's smartphone (was that done as well?).

http://spr.ly/6581Dm6GH

I understand there is a replacement phone involved, but I want to ensure all steps have been completed. Are we only working with one phone that needs content filters? 

http://spr.ly/6582Dm6Gy

Tamara_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Nayda324

I did also make sure that the companion app was successfully paired and

yes, there is only one phone we are trying to monitor.

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018, 9:29 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
JESMIC9

I’m having the same problem.  Content filters arent working, getting a text multiple times a day.   And no way to fix it that I can see

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional detail, Nayda324. I would like to check the individual settings on your account so we can continue troubleshooting the Smart Family app. Please check your private messages so we can continue.

Tracy_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for letting us know on this issues, we want you to enjoy the services properly. Has there been any recent changes or updates on your device? Like application or software?

Paloma_VZW

0 Likes
stones2125

I have the same issue.  Pausing the internet does nothing.  Apps are installed on both iphones (7 and 6s) child app is paired with parent app and I can see the phone, but clicking pause does zero even though it says it is paused.

0 Likes
CURROS73

Ive got a similar problem.

On both IPhone 6splus and iPad Pro, it says “...internet is paused” but he’s watching YouTube right now. It has worked before.

0 Likes