Smart Family not working with IPAD
JoeK22
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spent a good deal of time chatting to link my Iphone with my child's new IPAD to set up smart family controls. After no success, I went to my local store and was told, despite website claims to the contrary, smart family does not work on tablets. Has ayone had this experience?

Re: Smart Family not working with IPAD
briansul25

I'm having a similar issue.  My kids have Verizon connected iPads with an associated phone number.  When trying to pair the iPads, a text is sent from the parent app to the phone number associated with the iPad.  However, the iPad itself is unable to receive a text sent to the associated phone number so I can't pair them.  I was chatting with support for over an hour yesterday and we couldn't figure it out.  It seems like a very big shortcoming of the app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JoeK22,

We're sorry to learn of your experience with Verizon SmartFamily and your child's new iPad. Being able to monitor and control usage is everything so we understand wanting to have this service available. The store representative was correct though, SmartFamily is not compatible with tablets. Details about device compatibility can be found in topics 1 and 2 in the "Compatibility with Plans, Features and Devices" section of this link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-smart-family-faqs/. SmartFamily is a great tool to have for the smartphones on your account. However, if you find that you no longer have the need for the service because it does not work with your new iPad, you can unsubscribe using the steps in topic 5 of the "General Information" section of the same link. Does this information help?

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes
Vz-user-42
Enthusiast - Level 1

Might I suggest Verizon fix the app to work with any Verizon connected device, rather than telling people to unsubscribe.  Smart family is really buggy, and the service is in dire need of significant improvement.

deloused
Master - Level 3

Yes 

0 Likes
scubage
Enthusiast - Level 1

This really is a gigantic shortcoming.  My kid needs the iPAD for school so I can't take physically take it away or remove wireless data service from the device. I try to control content through my WiFi filters and through my ISP but since the iPAD is also connected to Verizon wireless all he has to do is disable WiFi or leave the house and those filters are useless.  I've been with Verizon for a long time but if this isn't fixed, I may have to consider other carriers.  Can we get an estimate for when this problem will be addressed?

AJC2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon:

Really?  Your response to a valid customer problem is “if you don’t like it go someplace else”?

Parents are just trying to look out for their kids online. 

Thanks for the caring and can-do attitude.  Keep up the good work. 

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are saddened to hear you are experiencing issues with Verizon Smart Family. We would be more than happy to assist you with getting to the bottom of this. We will be sending you a Private Note, so we can further assist you. MoniqueH_VZW

0 Likes