Smart Family - what happens to texts received during text time limits?
LAMLAR88
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have Smart Family and have set time limits on when my son can text (e.g. restricted from 9:30 pm to 7am).  If his friends text him after 9:30 pm, shouldn't he receive the texts at 7am the next morning when the restriction ends?  It appears that he is not receiving any texts the following morning that were sent after 9:30 pm.  Do these texts just disappear?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Smart Family - what happens to texts received during text time limits?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LAMLAR88 we are all about answers, and you ask an important question. Actually, the text messages are not received, when they are blocked in this way. You can find more information here: http://spr.ly/6587D4JRU I hope this provides clarity. 

Rosanne_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LAMLAR88
Enthusiast - Level 1

Rosanne_VZW, thanks for your response, but I think the is more complicated.  We also have time restrictions during school hours, and when the restrictions lift at the end of the school day, he suddenly gets a flurry of texts were sent during the school day restriction period.  But this does not happen at 7am for all of the texts received the previous night after 9pm.  I am trying to figure out why.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand your concerns regarding the text messaging issue after 7AM. To clarify, during the night hours the text messages will automatically be deleted as it crosses into the next day. Due to the restriction during the night hours any pending messages that were sent will be removed. Where as during the day the messages will come in after the restriction time has been removed. Does this make sense?

Jasper_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sonalarama1

Are texts sent during time limit restrictions never delivered?  

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sonalarama1, with Smart Family you will not be able to receive any missed text messages when there is a time restriction in place. Learn more about Smart Family here https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-smart-family-faqs/. 

0 Likes