Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smart family app does not see changes
bkm132

I had blocked Google Play Store on my daughter's phone when I first set it up. A month ago, I re-enabled it so I could install Spotify.  Even though it appears in the parental app as being enabled, when I try to access Play on her device it just says "Blocked by Smart Family". I contacted support, who told me they had to create a ticket and refer me to Networking support. I heard nothing for several days and then got a mysterious text message asking me to send screenshots of the parental app proving that Play Store was enabled. I duly complied and then heard nothing more for several days. Today I get another mysterious text message asking me when I had removed the restriction, and I replied. I then got messages saying they didn't have a time frame, and that they would call me to troubleshoot. I get the guy on the phone, and he tells me that it is an issue that a number of people are having and that he doesn't have an estimate as to when it will get fixed. It didn't sound like they were rushing.

What on earth? I am paying money for this service. If it doesn't work, then why are they charging money for it???

Is anyone else seeing a problem with their kids phones not seeing changes?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Smart family app does not see changes
alicias_vzw
Verizon Employee

bkm132,

Help is here! I'm sorry we haven't figured out what is happening with the SmartFamily feature on your account. This is definitely important to figure out. I want to investigate this further for you. I have sent you a Private Message so that I can gather much-needed information to assist further. Please respond back to me in the Private Message to continue. Thanks!

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes