Smart family message "content filters are not working"
DAVSTA72
Enthusiast - Level 2

For about a week I have been getting texts every few hours, sometimes several an hour saying : "Verizon Smart Family: Collin's content filters are not working. Access their phone and tap this link to fix it from the app. https://bnc.lt/vzsf " . We have updated both his device and mine, reinstalled the Smart Family and companion apps twice, even disabled all of his content filters but the messages have continued. It sent me 10 messages last night. What is the deal and how can we resolve this without canceling Smart Family? I am using Galaxy S8 and my son has Moto Z Play. Solution appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Smart family message "content filters are not working"
Rawthorne

I know that it's not a solution, but I hope it'll bring you some piece of mind knowing that you're not the only one experiencing this issue. I'm dealing with this as well, with my daughter's phone, and have also done everything that you have listed. She has a Motorola G6 and I have Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Maybe it's something on Verizon's end?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DAVSTA72

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with that feature. I know how I depend on that feature to monitor and control the usage on my daughter's line. I'm more than happy to take a deeper look into this to see if we can pinpoint what's going on, this way it can be resolved quickly. Are both of your phones and all of the apps installed up to date on their software? When did this issues start? Had anything changed around the time this started to occur? Is the child's phone using any apps that give access to VPNs (virtual private network)?

Edward_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DAVSTA72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes all of the apps and softwares are up to date. It started approximately July 8 @ 12:25am. My sons phone had a software update July 7th 5:45his software version is Android 8.0.0.

My wife’s phone had and Update July 12th. And it is also Android 8.0.0. Nothing has access to his VPN other the Smart Family App.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m glad to hear that all of your applications are up to date, DAVSTA72.We definitely want to help get this fixed, without you canceling the feature. Please reply to the private message I have sent in this forum.

Joseph_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SAMBAR3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have this issue, performed similar steps and it is persistent.

DEBDAM88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue since July 5th!!!  This is ridiculous....paying for a feature that does not work!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DEBDAM88,

That's too long of a time to have this problem. I'm so sorry to hear that this is happening and I understand the urgency with getting this fixed. Allow me to gather some more information, so I can better assist you. Is the software on your device updated? Are the apps updated? 

Juan_VZW

DAVSTA72
Enthusiast - Level 2

No it was not correct answer. Everyone from verizon support has asked the same questions and in the original post I clearly stated that both devices were updated, and the app was reinstalled twice on each device. Per the private message from Verizon it is a known issue that developers are working on but no solution yet so in the mean time we get 10-20 annoying texts a day stating the content filters aren't working. Will be canceling the add-on feature unless account is credited for July and solution is found asap.

DEBDAM88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Juan,

Yes the software on both devices is up to date.  Yes the aps are up to date.

It's more than money.  It's more than annoying messages.  This error undermines trust between parent and child when the ap disconnects itself repeatedly and sends such cryptic messages. Do you know how much harm Verizon's carelessness has done to our family?

Parent receives message....asks child why they disrupted ap....falsely accused child feels chastised.... repeat repeat repeat.

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!  STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS & FIX IT!!!!!!!