Smart family message "content filters are not working"
Annschuh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am still having this problem. Has Verizon found an acceptable solution or should I cancel smart family?

0 Likes
Re: Smart family message "content filters are not working"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Problems with Smart Family are not what we want for you. We'll be more than happy to troubleshoot. Provide us with specific details about your experience. 

0 Likes
dnaguidry

Maybe you can help me. My son's filter stopped working on his LG Stylo 2, to try to fix it, it said I needed to enable device administrator. I click to do so and hit activate and I am in an endless loop of hitting enable and activate because it never activates the device administrator. I have tried doing it under settings manually as well as through the app, it just won't work. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the app hoping it would fix it. NO! I don't know what happened, I know when we first set up the phones that I had to enable device administrator and it was working fine, don't know how it got disabled nor how to fix it, and I have scoured google for a solution. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want Smart Family to be working for you. We'd like to see what' going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance/

0 Likes
kyutpie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have also been having this problem and am now seeking to cancel my subscription.  What good is it if multiple times a day you get the location and content filters are not working?

0 Likes
kyutpie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've yet to see any helpful information from the moderator, but so many people complaining.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kyutpie, we want to make sure the features in the Smart Family app is working correctly. Allow us the opportunity to assist and review the details. What steps are you taking to set up the Content Filter? Can you please confirm that you have the latest version for Smart Family?

Review more details here https://vz.to/2rZocr8. 

0 Likes
CAM64

I am having the same problem with my son's phone. Everyday and sometimes several times a day I keep getting a message that the content filters and web and app activity aren't working and I need to send him an invite to fix it. I keep doing this daily and it works but then the next day I get the same message again. What should I do to fix this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello CAM64! We're sorry to read that you're having trouble with the Smart Family service, and we'd love to help. Please reply to our private note to better assist you. 

~Aaron

0 Likes