Son's phone keeps unpairing from Smart Family
Justneedanswers2019

I recently upgraded my son from a Just Kids plan to a regular unlimited plan.  Unfortunately, he sometimes disconnects from our home wifi (intentionally or otherwise) and is using large amounts of data.  I signed up for Verizon Smart Family to be able to prevent him from using data overnight when he should be resting but his phone continues to become unpaired and when I try to repair I get error messages. I'm still in our trial so I would like to get this resolved before I start paying.

Is this something he is doing or is it a glitch?

0 Likes
Re: Son's phone keeps unpairing from Smart Family
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Justneedanswers2019 wrote:

I recently upgraded my son from a Just Kids plan to a regular unlimited plan.  Unfortunately, he sometimes disconnects from our home wifi (intentionally or otherwise) and is using large amounts of data.  I signed up for Verizon Smart Family to be able to prevent him from using data overnight when he should be resting but his phone continues to become unpaired and when I try to repair I get error messages. I'm still in our trial so I would like to get this resolved before I start paying.

Is this something he is doing or is it a glitch?

What make/model phone does he have?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: Son's phone keeps unpairing from Smart Family
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Justneedanswers2019, we understand that you are having some concerns with data usage on your son's phone.  Our goal is to help find out what is going on so we can put this mystery to rest. To begin, Jav6, stated a great question. What is the make/model of the device? 

-TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes