Text messages not showing in usage log or Family Base?
AKK41968
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just in the past couple days, I have had an issue with text messages on one device not showing in the usage log or in Family Base. These had normally been showing within 15-30 minutes and now are not showing for days, if at all. Yes, this is an iPhone, no I am not talking about iMessages, I know those will not show in either. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, have you found a fix? if you found it to be your device, please let me know what you did to fix it. I use Family Base to see how much and who a minor child is messaging and when this is not functioning as Verizon promised it is frustrating.

Labels (1)
Re: Text messages not showing in usage log or Family Base?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AKK41968,

Being able to monitor messages is important and provides peace of mind. Keeping an eye on activity shouldn't have you feeling this way.

What changes were made to the device or the app settings prior to the messages not appearing?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jbeisenhuth
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having a similar issue, except my son's message have never shown up.  We've had the service for 3 days.  I also am aware that iMessage does not show up.  This is sms.  I have called and texted him several times and no logs of either show.  

I did however get a summary email.  So it appears to be collecting the data, but just not displaying via the app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jbeisenhuth, we'll help get this resolved for you. Since setting up your son's line as a child under Verizon Smart Family have you restarted his phone? Is the Verizon Smart Family Companion app installed on his phone?

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes