Transitioning from shared data to the various unlimited plans
TomF47

I have a shared data unlimited calls/texts plan today. One of the phones is the major user of data. Can I just move one phone to one of the unlimited plans and keep the rest with shared data? Thank you

0 Likes
Re: Transitioning from shared data to the various unlimited plans
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@TomF47 wrote:

I have a shared data unlimited calls/texts plan today. One of the phones is the major user of data. Can I just move one phone to one of the unlimited plans and keep the rest with shared data? Thank you

No. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Transitioning from shared data to the various unlimited plans
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand that your plan is shared, and someone other than yourself is using more data than the other lines are using. This can definitely be problematic and that's why we now offer the Mix and Match Unlimited plans. Is the is person under 18 using the majority of data? We also have a Kid's plan that has a 5 GB plan, but one the other lines also have to be on Unlimited plans. There are two solutions to keep your Shared (metered) data plan, and allow one line to have a different amount of data usage available. The first way is to put that person on another account with their own plan. The second solution is to use our Smart Family app, which sets limits on the lines you choose to allocate a set amount of data from your shared plan.   Here is a link with more details about our Smart Family app: https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/verizon-smart-family/

TinaN_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes