Trying to set up family base controls
Duck7811

Is there a way to make my number the primary account number so that me and my son will not have to swap phone numbers so I can limit his data usage?  I called customer service and the lady said we would have to swap numbers, I believe we don't have to swap numbers. Does anyone have any input on this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trying to set up family base controls
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I would also do a live chat and maybe even call back a few more times. Verizon is not known for their customer consistency of knowledge. I can see why you'd think it's a simple process, but at the same time I could see why they would tell you it wasn't possible. You could even try and get to a store; though those employees seem to be even less in the circle of new information.

0 Likes
julieharp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Get the family base app..... Red, roof with people under it, login is the same as you use for Verizon online, the 3 Lil lines at top left will give you a menu that should have an option..... Controls...... Mine says current or available, i click current it shows each line, each name I've assigned, and if I've put parent or child. Some things it won't let me change on my cell so I have the app on tablet also

0 Likes
Duck7811

i have the app but since my number is not the primary number on the account, because that number used to be for a mifi2200 and now it's my sons number I can't do anything with the app. I need to figure out a way to make my number the primary number and his not so I can use the app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Duck7811,

You'd be able to reset your My Verizon account by contacting a customer service representative and letting them know you'd like to completely reset your My Verizon account for all lines. All users of My Verizon on your account will need to re-establish a username and password. When each number is re-registering, each user will be prompted to answer the question of whether or not they are the account owner until one person accepts. Once you accept the roll of account owner, no one else will be offered this option and your line will be have the status of "account owner". Hope this helps!

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes