Unable to block unwanted number from calling me
big_Kuma_Bear

I am registered on the National Do Not Call Registry database. I understand that this registry is not 100% bulletproof. All the sudden, I have been receiving a barrage of unwanted calls. In particular, one of the calls appears on my Caller ID as [removed] or  [removed]. It appears to be missing a digit. I suppose the originating caller is spoofing that number. I tried to block the number at the device level (on my Samsung Galaxy S5) by adding it to the Auto Reject List. However, the call keeps appearing on my received calls ("Unavailable/Canceled"). Perhaps I am misunderstanding the capability of the Auto Reject function?

I then went to Verizon's Block Calls & Messages website to see if I can block that number on Verizon's switch. It appears that I am allowed to add/block up to (5) numbers. I tried to add the offending telephone number   [removed] but because it is missing a digit (spoofed), it was rejected by the website. Any ideas on what other steps I can take to prevent this number from calling me?

Thank You very much

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message Edited by Verizon Moderator.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to block unwanted number from calling me
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for contacting us big_Kuma_Bear. We understand how receiving unwanted calls can become quite annoying from time to time, and I see that you have attempted to manually add these numbers to the block list. I'm curious, have you heard about our Family Base feature? This allows you to block numbers, and even private unwanted calls can be blocked using family base. I'm confident that this feature that we provide will resolve your issue. Please click the link to find out more information. Let us know if this works. http://vz.to/2mZmH6M -

JoelD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Unable to block unwanted number from calling me
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for contacting us big_Kuma_Bear. We understand how receiving unwanted calls can become quite annoying from time to time, and I see that you have attempted to manually add these numbers to the block list. I'm curious, have you heard about our Family Base feature? This allows you to block numbers, and even private unwanted calls can be blocked using family base. I'm confident that this feature that we provide will resolve your issue. Please click the link to find out more information. Let us know if this works. http://vz.to/2mZmH6M -

JoelD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes