Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Usage Controls
Simple84

I have usage controls on my stepsons phone. For 2 months he has been receiving calls from and unknown number even though the number is not a trusted number. I have also blocked the number and it is still coming through. I have had usage controls on his phone for almost 2 years and never had a problem until 2 months ago. All time restrictions are set and have not changed since I got the phone. I have called customer service and nothing has been done or either they don't know what is going on. Can someone please tell me if they had this problem and how it was solved.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Usage Controls
Not applicable

If the settings are provisioned correctly, the best thing to do is to remove the provisions, re-add them, and retest.  You can retest from a non-trusted Verizon Wireless phone number by dialing *67 in front of your son's number *67-555-222-1212. Once done, you should be able to hear that the person that you are calling has restrictions in place that have prevented the completion of your call.

Another question: Is the restricted number the only number that is able to get through during the time that the phone is set up to not receive phone calls or are other numbers able to call as well?  That's an important thing to test because if we need to file a ticket, we need to be specific.  

If that doesn't work, the next step would be to call Tech Support at 866-892-7957 for assistance. They will likely file a trouble ticket for his number so our engineers can investigate the issue.  You can also PM me, and I can file the ticket as well.  

Please post your results and let us know what happens. 

Regards,

0 Likes
Re: Usage Controls
Simple84

We have tried calling the phone from a number that isn't on his trusted list and it won't go through. I have called Verizon again about this and nothing has seemed to help. Yep other numbers are coming through that we don't recognize. I have taken the setting off and put them back. I have changed the times and nothing helps. But why has it been working for 1 year and 6 months but all of a sudden stopped working and numbers have been coming through since September 1st. Last person I spoke with in tech support was already suppose to put a ticket in to see whats going on and nothing so far.

0 Likes