VPN / Smart Family Companion app easily removed iOS
dhodlick

After days of trying to figure this out, the Smart Family Companion app, the VPN, and the associated certificate can all be deleted / removed as if nothing was standing in the way on my daughter's iPhone 6. I have spent hours on the phone and in chat with Verizon and they do not have a fix other than to refund me the monthly fees.

iOS 12 seems to make this an even SIMPLER process for her on her phone. Nice job, Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VPN / Smart Family Companion app easily removed iOS
JOHMIL71
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a solution to this?  Otherwise it is not worth the money.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOHMIL71, please reach out to the web developers of that app via your playstore. Uppon selecting that app you will be able to view its "Description" and this is where you will find the information on how to contact the developers directly so that they can receive your feedback and implement the needed changes.

StephannieP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DowntownJJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Smart Family companion is a total fail.  A child can delete the app like any other app on the iPhone!  I just deleted the app from childs iPhone by holding finger on icon until it shakes and then hit the "x".  Very disappointing product, thats why it has one star in the app store. 

msalmore
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is  now 2020 and they still have not fixed the problem. My daughter can just delete the app and I can't control her phone. What is the purposeif she can just delete the app? The reason I purchased the app was because she can't control herself from her phone. you think she is just going to delete the app.  It is unethical that they sell this app for $10 a month. Verizon level 2 support is no help.  Very disappointment considering I spend over $500 a month on my Verizon bill.  

BTW- she discovered a work around even if she does not delete the app.  She turns off Wifi 2 minutes before it is set to go off for the night and then toggles airplane mode and Walla...cellular stays connected all night.  

phwakeman

Thanks for sharing this tip!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll be happy to assist you with any concerns you have about this application and service feature. What questions or concerns do you have? ChristopherS_VZW

0 Likes
dmdck91
Enthusiast - Level 1

The concern !?!?!?! is that the Smart Family app is no good if the child can over ride the restrictions.  What solutions do you suggest?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so sorry for any inconvenience. We can certainly take this feedback to management. At this time, this is not something that can be changed. 

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
tsigel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Which means at this time the app is worthless and everyone in the community should know. It wouldn't be worth the hassle if it was free.

They can:

1. Remove App

2. Keep App and disable VPN

And those ar ehe simple hacks.

Don't waste your money.

Tags (1)