VPN will not allow internet to work
AmyG2020mom
Enthusiast - Level 1

My daughter's internet will not work when the VPN is on, however when the VPN isn't on I can't utilize the SmartFamily feature because it's not connected. I need help to get her internet working to do schoolwork. Please help ASAP

0 Likes
Re: VPN will not allow internet to work
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's crucial to utlize a VPN, especially so y ou can utilize the Smart Family and the internet. Tell me, what is the error message that is received when trying to connect with the VPN on? Is the Smart Family Companion app on the child device? Please elaborate, thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
5280_CO

Same issue. Its displays not connected to internet, also can not watch disney or Netflix.  No filters on. Same display message error connecting to internet. Removed VPN Family app all together and it connected as normal. Is there a way to choose what the VPN blocks or allow?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to use the VPN for all of your needs. Let's see what's going on. Please send us screenshots of this in a Private Note, so we have a better idea of what's happening.

0 Likes
phil_on_verizon

Did they ever fix this for you? i have the same problem

0 Likes
phil_on_verizon

Im having the same problem can you help please?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We will do all we can to help address your internet concerns, phil_on_verizon. To help you best, we will need a bit more detail about what is happening concerning the VPN. What specifically happens while using the VPN? When did it start happening? 

-George

0 Likes
Everett72
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, has a solution to this problem been released yet? The vpn used on the family app is blocking all network access. The app is worthless without the vpn connection, the phone is worthless with it. 

0 Likes