Verizon Smart Family App
A_MAZE

I recently installed the smart family app on our account and on my child's new iPhone xr it created a VPN? It would without any restrictions on the device, kick him off the home wifi then place him on a VPN and then switch him to LTE.  Please advise me as to what to do and/or what the problem is because I think this app has wonderful features but not if it's going to kick him off home wifi and make him use data.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Smart Family App
sheritah_vzw
Verizon Employee

A.MAZE It is crucial that our Verizon Smart Family service is meeting your expectations. We want to make sure that any problems with connectivity are resolved right away. Let's gather more information. Please go to the iPhone XR settings, select cellular and disable Cellular Data while your son is connected to WiFi. We need you to test Smart Family without the interference of losing a data connection. Does this issue occur in multiple locations or only when he is at home? Do you have any other lines on the account which are experiencing the same issue?

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter

VZWSupport

0 Likes
A_MAZE

This is only happening on my child's phone after putting the smart family app on his phone.  It has happened both at home and when in the car.  It happens all the time at home and with no rhyme or reason.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

That information is very helpful A.MAZE and not to worry because we will do all that we can to get this issue resolved for you and your son. Let's continue with our troubleshooting efforts. Has there been any updates to your home internet connection? Have you tried restarting your home router? Although your son's device is new, lets check the software. From the home screen > Settings > General > About > Version .

KinquanaH_vzw

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes