Verizon Smart Family Not Blocking
kfiegen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Instagram isn't being blocked appropriately when using Smart Family. The phones internet is turned to off, and all social media is blocked. She is still able to post to her story and interact with notifications (accepting friend requests and such). It's on her phone because she is able to use it in front of us, at home only (needing to reteach some inappropriate behaviors she learned with her birth mom).  Any help is appreciated! She has an iPhone 12.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Smart Family Not Blocking
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kfiegen, thank you for sharing this helpful information. We are sorry to hear that the block function on Smart Family is still allowing you to access these particular apps. Can you please attempt to block the individual websites for these apps and retest? Please follow the link below and reference the Content Filter section to view the steps on how to do so. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-smart-family/ -Sylvia

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kfiegen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should clarify, that she is able to access Instagram when not connected to any WiFi, so it is connecting via our Verizon data plan, which should have blocked internet.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! We are saddened to hear this news. I'm happy to help. Are you able to share a screenshot showing the correct settings enabled within Smart Family? -Lorenzo

0 Likes
kfiegen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Screenshot_20211106-162007.png

Screenshot_20211106-162016.png

Instagram doesn't show up on the section where I took the second screen shot, but those 3 sites show up everyday, even the ones that say blocked. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kfiegen, thank you for sharing this helpful information. If you have access to her device, can you please confirm that if you launch Instagram during the blocked time frame, does the app launch/work? Are you able to access any other apps during this timeframe?  -Sylvia

0 Likes
kfiegen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have her internet blocked all the time (she can only use WiFi at home). Just now, while not connected to any WiFi, I was able to see posts and interact with posts on both Instagram and Facebook. I was also able to post to her story on both platforms. I don't have any other social media on her phone to check. In addition to having her internet blocked, I also have all social media set to block through the Smart Family app. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kfiegen, thank you for sharing this helpful information. We are sorry to hear that the block function on Smart Family is still allowing you to access these particular apps. Can you please attempt to block the individual websites for these apps and retest? Please follow the link below and reference the Content Filter section to view the steps on how to do so. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-smart-family/ -Sylvia

0 Likes
Mike2e77
Enthusiast - Level 1

how can you block a website when it works through the app? I tried that yesterday and it didn't have any effect.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Here is a link with information about blocking websites and apps. Let me know if this helps! https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-smart-family-content-filters-video/.

*Haley

0 Likes