Verizon smart family not working
krisdatsme
Enthusiast - Level 2

My child is still able to make calls and text after her restrictions begin. I get a notification that her phone connected during nighttime hours but why was it able to connect?

Re: Verizon smart family not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring Parental Controls are working is a must for ensuring your child's safety! Often times when this happens it's because the restrictions are placed on the wrong line. Have you confirmed you Smart Family settings already to ensure the restrictions are properly setup on her line? - ScottD_VZW

0 Likes
krisdatsme
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, they are on her line. And the restrictions work for the internet but not for calls or texts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, krisdatsme. Are you running the latest version of the Smartfamily app?

0 Likes
krisdatsme
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it has been updated

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Welcome back and I hope we can get this solved fast. I use Smart Family and wouldn't want it to malfunction at all. Let's make sure you have the support you need. Please tell me, does she have an iPhone? Could she be using it while on Wi-Fi? - VCarter_VZW

0 Likes
krisdatsme
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes she has a smart phone and it’s connected to WiFi. But in the restrictions description it says that her internet usage, calls and texts will be restricted even if connected to WiFi.

0 Likes
nbowman

I have the same issue.  I get notifications that the phone was used during night-time hours, but wifi is already turned off.  It seems like I'm paying extra for nothing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This isn't the experience we want you to have. Please provide us with additional details. https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-smart-family-faqs/

0 Likes
lovenicaa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you ever get an update how to fix this? Having the same issue and might have to cut her line all together and just stick with an Apple Watch for now

0 Likes