WhY can't text when data is limited
JEFJUN66

I limit data on daughters phone for data and once she hits that limit she can no longer recieve text and can't call?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WhY can't text when data is limited
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I could see the MMS messages be restricted since they need data to transfer the information from the phone.  I'm not sure on the lack of calling ability though.  Have you reviewed the Family Base to see if you need to make adjustments?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: WhY can't text when data is limited
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JEFJUN66

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your daughter's service. I know how I depend on my phone for just about everything. I'm more than happy to take a deeper look into this to see if we can pinpoint what's going on, this way it can be resolved as quickly as possible. What zip code are you located in? How are you setting limits on your daughter's phone? Once she reaches her data limit what happens when she tries to make a call? What type of phone does your daughter have? Does this issue happen on all calls and texts or just with specific people? You mentioned once the limit is reached she cant receive text, is she able to send texts? In regards to the calls, can she not make or receive calls when the limit is reached or just not call out?

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes