What can I do with Familybase?
db4156

If I add FamilyBase, will I actually be able to read my kids texts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I was looking at adding FamilyBase. Is this worth the extra $5.00. What can I see/track? Will I be able to actually see/read the kids texts?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, you cannot see the content of text messages through Family Base.  The only way to do that is on the phone itself, or using Verizon Messages+ on a tablet or computer and having it linked/synced to their number.  If they have iPhones and are using iMessages, you need access to their Apple ID to see the content of iMessages.

Family base allows you to monitor their usage, which yo can do through my Verizon anyway, but also to put a cap on how much data their line can use.  Once they reach that limit, data stops. You can also set time limits on when data is available, so you can shut it down from 10pm to 6am, say.  Whether that ability is worth the $5 a month is for you to determine.

View solution in original post

Re: I was looking at adding FamilyBase. Is this worth the extra $5.00. What can I see/track? Will I be able to actually see/read the kids texts?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, you cannot see the content of text messages through Family Base.  The only way to do that is on the phone itself, or using Verizon Messages+ on a tablet or computer and having it linked/synced to their number.  If they have iPhones and are using iMessages, you need access to their Apple ID to see the content of iMessages.

Family base allows you to monitor their usage, which yo can do through my Verizon anyway, but also to put a cap on how much data their line can use.  Once they reach that limit, data stops. You can also set time limits on when data is available, so you can shut it down from 10pm to 6am, say.  Whether that ability is worth the $5 a month is for you to determine.