What happens after data limit reached?
CJLDAD

I have a Verizon 12GB shared plan..  When I hit my data limit on the account I have it set to go to safety mode..  

Looking to add data limits on a few of the phones on my account through family manager..  
When selecting the data limit I am to choose one of the two options of Allow Data Usage/Notify or Block Data Usage/Notify..  Those seem pretty straight forward, but when I select "About Data Limits" it tells me "Let XXXXX keep using data past the set limit in Safety Mode and get an alert once limit is reached by selecting the first radio button.

So does that mean if I allow them to continue to use data, it will be restricted to "Safety Mode" speeds?  I just want to clarify before I place restrictions...  
Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: What happens after data limit reached?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want only the best for you and your family at all times! We can help explain the data limits. Yes, if the lines are allowed to continue using data past their set limits and the account is at the plan limit then the speeds would be at Safety Mode speeds. -Yale

0 Likes
CJLDAD

Thanks for the reply...

So if I allow a line to continue using data it will only go in to safety mode AFTER the shared data limit for the whole account?  

Otherwise it will just continue to use data at full speed?  

That's certainly not what the "About Data Limit" shows...  It says it will go in to Safety Mode after the user goes past the set usage limit......

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate your patience with us. I can confirm that none of our internal resources show Safety Mode will enable if the plan data has not been consumed and we have a consensus here that Safety Mode will not kick in immediately on a normal plan with just the data limits. Safety mode is part of our Just Kids plan and that plan also includes Smart Family so it could be referring to the Just Kids details.   -Yale

0 Likes