When I block numbers is it for both outgoing and incoming calls/texts?
JGO4008

When I add the numbers to blocking, is it for BOTH incoming and outgoing calls & texts?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: When I block numbers is it for both outgoing and incoming calls/texts?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Incoming calls and text messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

txmmoore

When you block numbers, they are blocked.  Period.  You cannot send or call, nor will you receive from them.  If you have to send something to a blocked number, you will have to unblock then send.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

txmmoore wrote:

When you block numbers, they are blocked. Period. You cannot send or call, nor will you receive from them. If you have to send something to a blocked number, you will have to unblock then send.

Wrong. I have blocked numbers through my Verizon account online and I was able to call and send that number while they weren't able to reach me. The same thing occurs when you block calls through your phone too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
txmmoore

Well, It may depend on whether it is a family base plan or not?  I have the family base, and I cannot send text messages or call any blocked numbers.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then the ACCOUNT OWNER setup the Family Base feature to restrict access to blocked numbers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JGO4008, I know how important it can be to restrict certain numbers from calling and texting you. When it comes to blocking, there are a few ways it can be done. For example, if you block a person from the phone settings. That option may stop the call from ringing but a person may still be able to text you. Next, if you have Verizon Wireless block up to 5 numbers for you, that will stop both calls and text. Lastly, if the account owner establishes FamilyBase. This option will block up to 20 callers and restrict both calls and text before it even reaches your device. http://spr.ly/6589DVzP7 Does this help?

VanetrisC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Shape
Enthusiast - Level 1

yes it would seem and it is most difficult to deal with. I tried it and removed it almost instantly. familybase works for blocking incoming calls, I guess, but it also restricts you from calling out. In order to call out you must reenter the 10-digit number you want to call even if the number is in your contacts. How many numbers do you know out of the 200 or so in your contacts? What if there is an emergency and your child cannot remember their parents number to call them? This app is a pain and not worth the money. If they could develop and app that blocks private and restricted incoming calls- that would be cool.

0 Likes
Shape
Enthusiast - Level 1

if the number is a 999.999.9999 or restricted number how do you know what number to enter to block? You don't.

This app gives the impression that you can block numbers, but it does not tell you that you are restricted calling out.  In order to call out you must reenter the 10-digit number you want to call even if the number is in your contacts. How many numbers do you know in your contacts? What if there is an emergency and your child cannot remember mom or dad's number? This app is a pain and not worth the money. If they could develop and app that blocks private and restricted incoming calls- that would be cool.

0 Likes
Shape
Enthusiast - Level 1

In your free blocking section it does NOT block restricted calls nor 999-999-9999 numbers. Familybase not only blocks incoming, but you are restricted on dialing outgoing calls and cannot dial a number directly without re-entering the 10-digit number you want to reach ... even if the number is in your contact list.

0 Likes