When will FamilyBase support Android Marshmallow?
stlcardfan70
Enthusiast - Level 1

According to the Play Store (FamilyBase Companion - Android Apps on Google Play), FamilyBase Companion does not support the latest version of Android.  When will it?  The app has not been updated since October 2015.  My son's phone was upgraded to the new version of Android and FamilyBase no longer works.

PLEASE FIX IT!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
Re: When will FamilyBase support Android Marshmallow?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stlcardafan70,
The FamilyBase Companion is definite a great feature to have. I want to make sure we can help get the application working for you once more. What type of phone does your son have? Keep us posted.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SUSNOB12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got my kids Samsung 7 and was extremely disappointed that familybase was not operational for the companion app. It is a rip off that the only function is data limits. WHEN WILL YOU FIX THIS or do you have any intention of fixing it ever??????

swise123
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have FamilyBase and we all have Droid Turbo 2's.  Is the companion app ever going to be updated????  I feel like I am wasting money on this when I don't have most of the functionality.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I too would want to know this answer, swise123, especially after losing the ability to adjust the limitations on the fly. At this moment, though we do not have an estimated time of the update.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
swise123
Enthusiast - Level 3

WOW!  Now that's what I call support.  Do you even know what the Companion App does?  It certainly doesn't sound like it since YOU DON'T MAKE CHANGES ON THE FLY with it!  It is the app that resides on the child's phone that you are monitoring...the regular FamilyBase app is where you make changes on the fly on the parent's phone and it WORKS.

So everyone...it appears VZW just wants us to continue to pay for an app that their support doesn't understand and doesn't appear that it will be updated anytime soon.

emtoler54
Enthusiast - Level 1

VZW - any update? Getting ready to cancel my free trial because without the Companion app, FamilyBase isn't worth the money. Seems a bit ridiculous that phone updated to Marshmallow Oct 2015 and VZW STILL doesn't have a compatibility answer over a year later?

KEVDIC89
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK, so I got my kids to Motorola phones, my wife has her S7 and the only phone that is compatible is my Pixel. So 3 out of 4 phones are not compatible. The Familybase app hasn't been updated in forever.

I'm thinking about a class action lawsuit for false advertising.

Especially when you go look for what's NOT compatible, only 1 Motorola is listed, then when you search threads, the Verizon tech posts a broad response to showing anything with the new marshmallow updates...

NEWS FLASH, it looks like most, if not all android devices are updating this way. You better fix this app. This is why I went with Verizon, I was told NOTHING about compatibility issues, and was sold on Verizon exclusively for this feature. It's just an app, how hard can it be to get it fixed? Very serious about this as I have absolutely no control over my children's usage and communication outside of the house, yet I WAS TOLD I WOULD! False advertising, even here on your website you promote it and yet there is a HUGE number of people who can't use it, who WERE NOT TOLD that their devices were not compatible.

MOLHUN81
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just purchased Verizon FamilyBase today to have more control over both my teenagers phone usage.  I find out that even though most phones have Marshmallow, I am not able to use this app because the app has not been updated since 2015.  Why are you advertising an app that is useless instead of upgrading it?  When will this app be upgraded?  I have seen many others complain about this issue and obviously technical support cannot help.  Who can we address to get this issue resolved?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MOLHUN81,

We completely understand the need tostay in control of your teenagers data usage. We are working diligently to find a resolution for this app and it compatability to Marshmellow. Continue to watch for updates for this app.

MahrizaM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!