Why can't I completely block data on a specific device/line.
JakesPocket

(MORE Everything) I have a device that does not need data and would like to block any potential access. I won't explain why, there are many reasons why. I'm not looking for another solution. I am pretty much just wondering if the feature is just not available in the server systems or if it's just because verizon doesn't want to provide that option. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't I completely block data on a specific device/line.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JakesPocket, we want to ensure you're able to manage your features. I welcome the opportunity to address your data blocking inquiry. You can block data on all non-smartphone devices that we offer. The ability to block data is not available via smartphone devices since they were meant to be used as data devices and can also access data via wifi networks. You can restrict the amount of data a smartphone user has access to using our FamilyBase feature as shown here: http://vz.to/1NRhSYB. They will still have access to content however while accessing wifi networks.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I completely block data on a specific device/line.
JakesPocket

I appreciate your response and I thank you for your knowledge. There are some older smartphones without WiFi - Motorola Q9c - one I hope to be using in the future. Explicitly for the fact that it's a smartphone with out WiFi. You see I struggle with certain bad personal habits and if it possible to block data with a phone such as the one mentioned that would be awesome. I noticed you said blocking data is not available since smartphones have WiFi. So it should possible to have the "Verizon data" blocked on a smartphone and in the this case it would, in turn, prevent close to all access to the internet (minus Bluetooth PANs and USB ActiveSync internet). Is this valid? I would hope that if you can block "Verizon data" for basic phones that it could be done with smartphones as well.

Thanks

0 Likes