Why don't I see any activity on FamilyBase?
dncnshu00
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently added FamilyBase to our plan to monitor our daughter's cell phone usage.  It worked perfectly for the first 2 months.  Now suddenly it is showing me nothing.  It says she has had zero activity on her phone for the past 5 days.  I know this isn't true because I can look at her usage on My Verizon and see that she has been texting and making phone calls.  How come FamilyBase is not reflecting this activity???  Frustrated!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FamilyBase shows no activity??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dncnshu00,

Let’s take a closer look at what’s going on. I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dncnshu00,

We can certainly understand your concern and want to make sure you can keep track of your daughters usage through this service. Has there been any changes made to her line at all? Does it show that her line is still listed under the child when checking via the website?

CandiceH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dncnshu00
Enthusiast - Level 2

No changes have been made and she is still listed as a child on the account. I am still receiving notifications that she is nearing her data limit for the month. However it is showing 0 text and call activity and i no longer receive notifications for night time usage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for these details, dncnshu00. Do you happen to know if your daughter is using any 3rd party apps to call and text? Have you tried having her turn the device off and on?Is she connected to Wi-Fi at night?
TimothyS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dncnshu00
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't believe she is using a third party app.  If I log in to our Verizon account online I can still see all of her texting activity right up until a few minutes ago.  She is connected to the Wi-Fi at our house at night.  I will try to have her reboot her phone tonight and see if it fixes anything.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dncnshu00 - We certainly want to ensure that everything is reflecting properly for your daughter's device. What were the findings after powering her device off and back on? Is everything now appearing for her line?

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Johnsomt

Having same problem

0 Likes
Johnsomt

I have tried every thing you suggested

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Johnsomt, we know that as you are trying to ensure your daughters safety, you must be anxious to have this resolved. What make and model phone does your daughter have? LorenB_VZW

0 Likes
Drob1231

I am experiencing the same thing. My daughter has an LG Extrovert.  I was getting activity information nightly and I could look online or at the app, but for the last month to 6 weeks nothing shows as far as activity.  She has rebooted the phone multiple times, she cannot connect to wi-fi and she is still listed as the child. Activity does not show under familybase online or in the app and I would like this fixed.

0 Likes