Why is there a '0' listed as a phone number in my familbase call log?
Healthy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

At least several times a day there is a 0 listed as a phone number on my son's phone log. What does this mean?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Family Base
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring your message alerts are accurate is very important MommaBearDeary. If you are looking at the Summary tab, this will be calls and text for the past 7 days.  If you go to the All Activity Tab, you have the option to change the day from today to the past six days and it should give you accurate call records for the day.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Healthy1,

Let's get to the bottom of this! Are you seeing this in the call history on My Verizon, or when you view the log info directly on his device?

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Healthy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I check Family Base either on my iPhone or on my computer. When I look

at the daily activity, there are often calls that are listed from the

number 0. As far as I can remember, they are all listed as coming from

someone, not to someone. Most of them have the same time listed as

another call that came in where the phone number is listed. I am

concerned, especially since there have been a few "0" phone calls where

there have NOT been any other calls coming in at the same time. I am

wondering if this is some kind of an app that can be used to hide their

number and that something inappropriate might be going on.

Thank you

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 07:22 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Healthy1,

Thank you so much for those details. I have heard of 3rd party applications that can spoof telephone numbers. But, what that application is called, we would not have that information. How long have you been seeing this "0" number come up on the call logs? Have you viewed the message log to see if that number comes up as well? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Healthy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I have been seeing the 0 number come up ever since I've suscribed to

Family Base, so two months now. So do you have an answer for me as to

what this 0 number is all about?

On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 08:56 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Healthy1, Let's figure this out, once and for all! Do the 0's turn into numbers when checked the next day or so? Do they show under unbilled usage or billed usage?

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
MommaBearDeary

I'm having an issue with texts and calls showing up in Family Base for two days ago that aren't showing in MyVerizon. When I go to family base and click on a certain contact, there are texts and calls that show for 2 days ago, but it's not in the "all activity" part of Family Base or on my MyVerizon usage. They were two days ago?!? Or is the FamilyBase wrong and it wasn't actually the day it says it was? My child swears he didn't talk to this person the day that FamilyBase says he did.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring your message alerts are accurate is very important MommaBearDeary. If you are looking at the Summary tab, this will be calls and text for the past 7 days.  If you go to the All Activity Tab, you have the option to change the day from today to the past six days and it should give you accurate call records for the day.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
moo8san
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a problem with the only calls and texts showing up are from my number and I know they've had other calls and texts. What's going on here??

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Moo8san,

Familybase is an awesome application! We know its important that the feature work properly. Let get this resolved. Are the numbers showing as unknown? If not appearing at, are you waiting 2-13 hours after the call was placed or received to view in the log? Is the user using a third party application to place the calls and not the device phone application? Private or restricted numbers, for which the actual phone number is not available, are often reported as negative numbers, such as 0, -1, -2 and -3.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes