Your message was not sent due to usage control restrictions.
Michael4rl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep getting this message: Your message was not sent due to usage control restrictions. Contact your account owner to change your permissions.

My account owner changed me from child to parent thinking it was a child setting, still didn't work, but there are no restrictions at all on my line. Anybody know what is going on??? Thank you so much!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Your message was not sent due to usage control restrictions.
Michael4rl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am texting from Verizon Online https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/webs2/Message.do?s=fRZmoKMKDnfeXuhc

It never use to do this and suddenly it started. We called Verizon support and they said there was a "child" restriction. My account owner switched my account from "child" to "parent" under the family safeguard and controls area.

Has anybody found a solution? Please help! Thank you!

ASBAKER
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same issue. It turns out that the problem is the Family Base app. I've found through others having the same problem that once they delete that app, the online texts  work. The Family Base app can be added back to the plan after I little while. I deleted it a few minutes ago and my texts are back to normal. I will wait a few days to add family base back to my account.

0 Likes
Michael4rl
Enthusiast - Level 2

ASBAKER
But I am on a computer, that app is not on my computer anywhere. Unless you mean remove family base as a whole from my verizon account??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Michael4rl,

We want to make sure that you are not having any issues with your messaging. We would love to assist you in coming to a resolution with you. For clarification, are you using Verizon Messages on your computer when you get this error?

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes