answered a call which turned out the number is not a working number
NOGOLFER99

this is evidently a scam call. I hung up immediately when person started talking. can they use my # or something?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: answered a call which turned out the number is not a working number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly understand how unwanted calls can be bothersome, NOGOLFER99. There are entities who use auto-dialers and things of that nature to place calls to users, this could very well be how this person got through to your number. There are also programs available that can create a phone number so when you call the number that came up on your caller ID you will hear an error message that it is not a working number. There is no need to worry about the person taking over your number, however. It is nearly impossible to do this nowadays. I want to assure you your security is our priority and we have several measures in place to ensure that this does not happen to our customers. Do you receive calls on a regular basis that you need to block? If so, we do have options available for you to do just that: http://vz.to/2qtgdAL . Many smartphones also have the ability to block a number right from the device itself. Does this help resolve your concerns?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: answered a call which turned out the number is not a working number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly understand how unwanted calls can be bothersome, NOGOLFER99. There are entities who use auto-dialers and things of that nature to place calls to users, this could very well be how this person got through to your number. There are also programs available that can create a phone number so when you call the number that came up on your caller ID you will hear an error message that it is not a working number. There is no need to worry about the person taking over your number, however. It is nearly impossible to do this nowadays. I want to assure you your security is our priority and we have several measures in place to ensure that this does not happen to our customers. Do you receive calls on a regular basis that you need to block? If so, we do have options available for you to do just that: http://vz.to/2qtgdAL . Many smartphones also have the ability to block a number right from the device itself. Does this help resolve your concerns?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes