assigning another parent
Lbmama
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am the primary parent for my daughter but I am unable to add my husband as a parent.  The only option is to add his line as a child.  Is there any way to have two parents?

Re: assigning another parent
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Lbmama wrote:

I am the primary parent for my daughter but I am unable to add my husband as a parent.  The only option is to add his line as a child.  Is there any way to have two parents?

Have you read through all the FAQs and instructions on how to manage your Smart Family controls? Check out the section "Managing account and assigning roles" in the link below. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-smart-family-faqs/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

@Lbmama wrote:

From the smart family faq it would appear to me, at least, that you do not have your husband designated as an account manager on your Verizon Wireless account:

Can I set up a second parent device or change the role of a family member in Verizon Smart Family?

Yes, you can assign roles to other lines on your account, including another parent device role in My Verizon.

All My Verizon Account Owners and Account Managers can only be assigned a parent role, and all Account Members can only be assigned a child role.

To change a family member's role in Smart Family, you'll first need to change their account role in My Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lbmama, making sure you are aware of your options to add a second “Parent line” to your Smart Family account is important. We will be more than happy to guide you on the right path and clear up the details of your concern. You will have the ability to add an additional Parent line to your Smart family account, as long as that particular phone number is assigned as an Account Owner or Manager. Please follow this link https://vz.to/2YCFATW and reference number 4 to view the steps on how to do so.

Here is a helpful link to review more details about Smart Family https://vz.to/2riuT70.

Does this help?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
Urugami45
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in the same boat.  My wife is set as an account manager in MyVerizon, but I have no other option in SmartFamily than to set her as child line.  This is frustrating. Does Verizon not know about 2-parent families?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Urugami45 There must be some misunderstanding. You can set the account/account manager as parent. Open this link and scroll down to assign roles: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-smart-family/

DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
javerizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Two family parenting means that each parent has their own verizon accounts. There is not a way to set up a parent right now if they are on a different verizon account, which is the problem.

This is not that significant a development change.  If I add a trusted number, I should then be able to set that number as a parent account as long as it is a verizon number. In the backend, it would be a verification of the parent number being a verizon account, adding an association on the new parent account to the child's number, cross-verification of both accounts each time, which would then allow for each two parent family to manage it. Verizon software architects should be able to figure this out easily. If they need help, they can always contact me.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, javerizon. Thank you very much for all of your feedback on our Smart Family feature. We do appreciate it as we are always looking for ways to improve our products and features. At this time, there is not a way to add a parent line of service to Smart Family that is not on the account of the child line. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns that we can assist you with. Thank you.  BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
Sweb1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sounds simple but on my account there is no option to change my wife to parent role despite her setup as account manager. Child is the only option that appears. 

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes