disable data from phone
BHWinslow

I want to add a line to my current plan, and pass down a smartphone to a different user, but I want to disable data from that line. Is that possible? I only want the phone to have calling and texting capabilities.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: disable data from phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello BHWinslow!

I'd be happy to discuss your options regarding data usage. It's important to maintain control of what's used, so you stay within your plan. You can subscribe to FamilyBase, which is just $5 per month for your entire account. This great options allows you to track data usage, as well as restrict if desired. Check out the details here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-familybase-and-usage-controls/

You can restrict usage down as low as 500MB for each device. Data usage can also be turned off on the device itself, but then can easily be turned back on from the device also.

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could use Family Base to restrict the data. The line will be required to have a data plan as it is a smartphone. How much depends on if your service plan has sharable data or individual data plans.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BHWinslow

It would be on a shared data plan, I just want to know if I can disable data usage on the phone before giving it to a family member.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello BHWinslow!

I'd be happy to discuss your options regarding data usage. It's important to maintain control of what's used, so you stay within your plan. You can subscribe to FamilyBase, which is just $5 per month for your entire account. This great options allows you to track data usage, as well as restrict if desired. Check out the details here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-familybase-and-usage-controls/

You can restrict usage down as low as 500MB for each device. Data usage can also be turned off on the device itself, but then can easily be turned back on from the device also.

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes