disable trusted contacts Smart Family
lobatt
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are new to Smart Family.  My son does not get texts even from those on "Trusted Contacts", and I would like to disable that aspect of the service.  Is this possible? 

I am happy with the other services on Smart Family.   I need a Disable button for "Trusted Contacts" however. 

Thank you, Erick

Re: disable trusted contacts Smart Family
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m delighted to read of your satisfaction with Smart Family, and I agree that the messaging on your son’s phone must work so you can maintain your communication.

Let’s turn this around so that it works. Can he send a message to you? What is the make and model of his phone and your phone? If he has an iPhone, then be sure that iMessages are off.
Here are 3 steps to take on your son’s phone:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/turn-off-imessage/
DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
avekado
Enthusiast - Level 1

The subscriber asked to turn off the feature, not make it more aggressive.

The goals of many of us are to limit Internet overuse and find kids. We do not want to try to guess who they will need to text or phone and add them in advance.

Many of us are being forced to kill this whole plan over this one VERY SERIOUS oversight. Please fix this or (continue to) lose customers.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of getting this corrected, and we want you to know that we are here to help! By any chance, have you checked to see if there are any pending updates that need to be made to the Smart Family app? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
JH1102
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please answer the question with an answer, not another unrelated question. 

Can you keep the other features of the Smart Family service, but remove the feature that only allows calls from 20 trusted contacts? I do not want to limit my child's contacts, I just want to monitor and control his data content.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to ensure your questions are addressed, 3307149841. Verizon Smart Family allows you multiple features to manage your devices. You do not have to have trusted contacts set up. You can monitor data and set up restrictions to data as well. You can learn more about using Verizon Smart Family here, http://spr.ly/66031ouZd. What happens when trying to set up restrictions? Are you having trouble with removing trusted contacts?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
marksletto
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is still very unclear if Trusted Contacts can be disabled.  I do not want to limit my child to only 20 contacts.  Is there a way to disable this feature within the Smart Family App or not?  What if I deleted all the trusted contacts on his profile, would that disable to the feature?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you have the information you need about the Trusted Contacts. This feature allows your child to contact specific numbers even if you have time restrictions set up on their device. If you do not have time restrictions set up on the device or you do not want to have the Trusted Contacts, you can delete them. Does this provide clarity?

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes
thecarl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Support representatives lack, or are unable to exercise, thinking skills. Scripted and auto-generated responses are helping Verizon become a modern-day Sprint with horrible customer service. My daughter became stranded in an unfamiliar location when we first switched to this plan, as her mother's phone was not a listed contact, and they were unable to communicate. Now my daughter is missing texts from a number of critical contacts, such as her driving school. We don't know what number they're using, and we can't see the numbers of texts that are being missed. Smart Family has been a disaster for us, and while I've tried to switch out of the plan, apparently it'll take 3 weeks.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thecarl, we are concerned to hear you are having trouble with your service and are happy to assist in any way possible. To clarify, are you attempting to disable Smart Family or change your data plan altoghether?

-Joshua

0 Likes