dont allow phone to call internationally
MolsonTheDog

Hi,

I'd like to modify my plan so that the phones cannot dial internationally.    Is this possible?

I'm dealing with a senior citizen who calls Jamaica and shouldn't be doing that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: dont allow phone to call internationally
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MolsontheDog, keeping our parents safe as they get older can certainly be a challenge. There always seems to be someone on the other side looking to take advantage. It is for this reason, that we have created our Family Base product to help you limit what can and cannot be done from their line. Visit http://spr.ly/6584BoFhO to learn more.

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You may be able to do this by having the account owner call CS, *611 from your mobile or 800-922-0204 from any phone.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

My niece called a Canadian number thinking she was calling Justin Bieber. She was 9. It was amusing and didn't result in a lot of charges.

I didn't have international dialing enabled on the line she used. The call still went through. I called VZW and they told me that regardless of the I-Dial feature a call to a 10 digit number will connect. You might want to check this out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MolsontheDog, keeping our parents safe as they get older can certainly be a challenge. There always seems to be someone on the other side looking to take advantage. It is for this reason, that we have created our Family Base product to help you limit what can and cannot be done from their line. Visit http://spr.ly/6584BoFhO to learn more.

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Jamaica is on the North American number plan which means they are country code 1 like Canada and US.  Blocking international numbers may not block calls to Jamaica as it is the same 10 digit format.  That is also why scammers pick Jamaica, numbers look like US numbers.  

0 Likes